Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beam Me Up, Scotty!........No, really!


Wow, this is kind of exciting. According to Fox News (not the best source, I know), scientists at the Joint Quantum Institute at the University of Maryland (how cool would it be to work there?) have successfully teleported information between two atoms over a distance of around a meter.

Click here to read the story, which contains an explanation on how they did it. I read it, and can honestly say there is no possible way I could ever summarize what is contained there. Seriously, when quantum physicists start talking mechanics, I basically just trust that what they're saying is the truth. They could be making it all up, as far as I know, and really, how would you prove them wrong?

So, basically, when am I going to be able to travel to Europe instantaneously? Get workin' on it, geeks, I got places to be.

No comments: